The book The Secret brought a very old – some would even argue ancient – principle to life for a modern generation: That all matter consists of energy, that energy operates in a field, and that within energetic fields, like attracts like. We call this set of realities the Law of Attraction. Every thing, every thought, vibrates with a specific energetic frequency. Positive thought, behavior, act = high vibration; negative thought, behavior, act = low vibration. What you send out comes back to you, often several-fold.
Imagine it this way: You have a negative thought, “I am not smart enough to achieve my goals.” That thought goes out into the Universe and attaches itself to other low-vibe energies, people, things. And suddenly you find yourself surrounded by nay-sayers, “Dr. No”-type people who affirm that indeed, you can’t achieve your goals. That’s the Law of Attraction working perfectly well, and directly against you. The reverse is equally possible: Your mantra is, “I can do this. The Universe supports me as I achieve my goals.” And voila, people, opportunities, and resources present themselves to support your achievement. Again, same law, radically different outcome.
So the #1 question people ask me as an energy coach is how to make what seems like a simple law work for them. And the answer is this: You set intentions according to the “3C” approach: Consistently, consciously, and collectively. This means you set intentions every day, on purpose, with an eye toward the bigger picture of your life. It’s a discipline, not a game. And you have to be exquisitely focused on outcomes.
So what do you want to create? Remember that intentions are energy roadmaps, telling the Universe where to send energy on your behalf. Here are, in my opinion, the FIVE BEST STEPS to setting consistent, conscious, and collective intentions:
- Write them down. Start with three. Write them in full sentences, in the present tense, in positive terms (i.e., what you DO want vs. what you DON’T want or want to avoid). And do this every month at the new moon.
- Be as specific as you can. The clearer you can be in your description of your desired outcomes, the better. The Universe thrives on details.
- When you have them written down, speak them out loud. You don’t need an audience; you can say them to yourself. But spoken words have a higher energetic vibration than thoughts.
- Speaking of thoughts, mind yours. You need to affirm these intentions, not undermine them. Negative thoughts that counteract the direction of your intention confuse the energy patterns and sabotage the effectiveness of this process. No negative self-chatter allowed!
- Share your intentions with supportive people. Get them to send energy toward your goals too by speaking as if these intentions are already manifesting.
And so it is.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Are you ready to manifest your deepest desires? Are you ready to transform into your best self, completely healed and happy? Join my Sage Goddess Soul Shift program designed to accelerate spiritual transformation, activate personal potential, and improve energetic flow.
Do you love harnessing the energy of the moon in all her phases? Join my Full Moon Ritualists community on Facebook where we share educational tidbits on working with moon energy, learn about astrology, and engage in lively, wild conversations with other like-minded tribe members.
Are you curious about the medicine of gemstones and crystals? Join my Gem Haven community on Facebook where we share tips and tools on harnessing the magic of gemstones and crystals, educate you on the properties of the most popular stones available on the planet today, and engage in lively, wild conversations with other like-minded tribe members.
Are you a perfume lover like I am? Do you know the healing magic of the oils that are used to make all of our perfumes? Join my Perfumery community on Facebook where you can learn about the properties of certain essences, how to work with certain blends to manifest your intentions, and engage in lively, wild conversations with like-minded people.
I absolutely love and encourage all magical feedback from my readers! However, I do not regularly moderate comments on the Sage Goddess blogs. So if you have a specific question or query that you’d like us to answer, please contact us via our Facebook page.