What does it mean to be psychic?
We all inherently possess psychic ability – the power to sense and access hidden wisdom about the past, present, and future. This ability lies in a mostly untapped area of the brain, and many people will never realize the full potential of their own unused powers (nor will most people question this!). Like unused muscles, which atrophy when not exercised, the powers of the mind fall stagnant when not activated. Historically, psychic powers have been feared, shunned, and repressed out of fear of punishment, judgement, incarceration, and/or accusations of dark sorcery or witchcraft. What was not understood was ignorantly feared, which led to a denial and repression of the psychic potential of the mind.
In this new age of awakening, with spiritual and energetic awareness gaining mass appeal, we are reminded of this forgotten potential within. More and more we are seeking to tap into our divinely given psychic powers. In my experience, most psychic awareness and knowledge finds and comes to us unbidden; it comes from above, from the Higher Self, Source, and our guides.
The most common psychic abilities are:
- Clairsentience, or clear feeling. This is the ability to feel messages. To energetically feel beyond your physical boundaries is clairsentient. Are you highly sensitive or empathic to the emotions of others? Do you sense your ‘gut feeling’ and allow them to guide you?
- Clairvoyance, or clear sight. This is the ability to see clearly beyond the 5 senses of sight, touch, taste, smell, and hearing. To see without your eyes is clairvoyant. Do you sense auras or other colors and patterns where others don’t? Do you see things happening before they actually occur?
- Clairaudience, or clear hearing. This is the ability to hear beyond the physical auditory human limit. Hearing messages from your Higher Self or guides, manifesting as the ‘little voice’ in your head, is a degree of clairaudience. Do you sometimes hear whispers and quiet voices nudging you along your path, affirming or disconfirming evidence and information?
Crystals for increasing psychic ability
There are so many crystals you can work with to open and attune the upper chakras and increase psychic abilities. Stones heal and optimize our potential by heightening energy within the body. They help us find a state of balance within, which results in clear, flowing energy free from doubt and fear.
For those new to awakening and tapping into psychic abilities, these 5 stones are wonderful to use. Meditate with them, carry them, place them on different chakras, wear them, or use them in gridding:
- Iolite – This stone awakens abilities not yet tapped into, and strengthens clairvoyance. The Vikings believed that Iolite helped them locate the sun and stay on course during long voyages.
- Herkimer Diamond – This stone brings such powerful alignment and balance to the Chakra system that it aids the bearer in magnifying his or her telepathy, clairvoyance, and clairaudience. The clarity that comes with Herkimer is unparalleled.
- Bloodstone – This grounding and protective stone has been used for centuries to increase intuition and knowing. Because it brings physical healing and balance, it clears the path for higher-order intuitive abilities to manifest.
- Amethyst – This is a pure Crown Chakra stone with potent healing energies. It helps to strengthen abilities across the board. It also brings psychic protection.
- Azurite – Ancient queens and pharaohs, Cleopatra among them, believed Azurite was a messenger of the gods and helped them channel visions and wisdom about how to lead and win in battle.
Tips for tapping into your psychic potential
The first step in strengthening your abilities is to acknowledge their existence. Admitting the existence of your powers is the cornerstone to realizing their full potential. Then, you must practice. Like any muscle, your abilities won’t get strong without exercise. Trust your inner knowing, and listen to your intuition at all times. Relax and meditate on your abilities using stones or binaural 432 hz sound healing frequencies; these are potent for bringing clarity and focus to you. Ask your guides for help, and find a place of peace within yourself and your surroundings, because if you are in a frequent state of inner or outer conflict, your powers will continue to elude you.
When seemingly random thoughts come to you, acknowledge them rather than pushing them away as distractions. Spend a moment with the thought, practice concentration and mindfulness. Then, focus on specific thoughts and visualize specific images; doing so will hone and sharpen your skills. In a world where we are pulled in many directions at once, our ability to concentrate fully on one thing is weakening. Focused meditation is key, after your acknowledgement. Fear and negativity hinders your ability, so don’t be afraid of it, remember it is a natural and beautiful gift. Relax into your feelings and trust the process as it unfolds. Enjoy it, and explore the areas of your mind which are yet undiscovered. The more you seek, the more you will find. And so it is.