Are you ready for a deeper level of wisdom about crystals? Just when you think you’ve learned it all, you find that there is so much more to know. That’s what keeps me excited about gemstones and minerals even after more than 3 decades of connection with them and many years of training in gemology, metaphysics, and crystal healing. Read on to learn some interesting facts and information about crystals you may already own; then, experiment with this new wisdom and see if it deepens your connection to the gems in your collection, or if you are missing some of these crystals in your collection visit SageGoddess.com to acquire new treasures.
Here are five fun crystal facts you may not know:
1. Every crystal has a unique mineral structure that aligns with sacred geometry and affects how that crystal works with your specific energy. It’s true! Crystals contain hexagonal, tetragonal, isometric, trigonal, orthorhombic, monoclinic, triclinic, or amorphous inner structures which align with the Platonic Solids, the basic building blocks of life. These structures are echoed throughout nature – even within your body! – and affect the way the crystal works on metaphysical levels. For example, hexagonal crystals tend to be the most powerful healers, while isometric or cubic minerals are good conductors of energy.
2. Quartz crystals can be programmed to work with you on a specific intention, which makes them more powerful and effective energetic allies. Quartz is a crystal that can ‘act as if’ it’s another mineral, taking on the properties of other minerals in metaphysical work. Quartz develops a relationship with its owner and creates a stronger energetic connection with you as the years go by. You can also meditate and program your quartz to magnify energies for health, happiness, prosperity, or whatever you seek. You program quartz by holding it in meditation and imagining the feeling or intention you wish to expand; then visualize the feeling or intention growing inside a sphere of white light emanating from your quartz crystal. When your work with the crystal is complete, you should deprogram the quartz by visualizing the release of the sphere of white light.
3. Lemurian seed crystals and rutilated quartz contain unique messages and information stored within their lines and striations that can be translated by you during meditation. Lemurian quartz has raised lines on every other side that can be rubbed to discern the ‘seed’ of Lemurian wisdom contained within. And each line of rutile within quartz can be read in meditation to learn about your own personal transformation. Both of these types of quartz are said to choose their owner in order to transfer necessary wisdom and information.
4. Crystals have magical correspondences and vibrate to specific numbers and astrological signs. There are stones you should work with based on your birthday and astrological sign! For example, each sign has a ‘totem stone’ that is aligned with the astrological energies of the stones. And each month of the year also has a correspondence. See the chart below for a quick overview of primary and alternative totem stones by sign and month.
|Month||Astrological Sign||Corresponding Gemstone(s)|
|January (1)||Capricorn||Garnet, Serpentine|
|February (2)||Aquarius||Amethyst, Opal Aura|
|March (3)||Pisces||Aquamarine, Bloodstone, Jasper|
|April (4)||Aries||Diamond, Quartz|
|May (5)||Taurus||Emerald, Agate, Chrysoprase|
|June (6)||Gemini||Pearl, Moonstone, Alexandrite|
|July (7)||Cancer||Ruby, Carnelian|
|August (8)||Leo||Peridot, Sardonyx, Spinel|
|September (9)||Virgo||Sapphire, Lapis, Zircon|
|October (10)||Libra||Opal, Tourmaline|
|November (11)||Scorpio||Topaz, Citrine, Cat’s Eye|
|December (12)||Sagittarius||Turquoise, Tanzanite|
5. Stones with higher vibration levels can make it difficult to sleep and rest. Avoid clear Quartz and Carnelian in your bedroom. Quartz has the highest vibration of all minerals, and should be kept outside of any space where you sleep or go to rest, meditate, or relax. Carnelian also has a high vibration and functions like gemstone caffeine. It’s perfect for the gym, kitchen, or other high-activity places in your home or office.
I hope this guidance helps you connect in a more powerful way with the gems in your collection! Enjoy. Bright blessings.